an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Friday, September 08, 2017

We Saw It, Darling Girl (8/21/2017)

Ian and I went to see the total solar eclipse. We drove to Farmington, MO and stayed with Enola's sister, Debbie. The media had talked about the crowds and how difficult it would be, but we never saw any crowd. It was just Ian, Debbie, and I, with our eclipse glasses sitting on her back deck. She even grilled some hotdogs. It was perfect. So we did see it, like we planned so long ago. If only Keri had been with us. 

When did I start calling Keri "Darling Girl"? I think it was when she stopped talking back and our conversations became a monologue. I really noticed it during those last several weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home