an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Friday, September 08, 2017

Goodbye Glen Campbell (8/9/2017)

Glen Campbell died last night. He had been suffering from Alzheimer's for many years and even went on a last tour. He became the face of Alzheimer's as we were dealing with everything. Several of the tributes today have brought tears to my eyes. 

Steve just called and we had a good visit. He kept asking how I was and I just lied through my teeth as I said, "I'm OK." I guess that will be true for the rest of my life. 

After our talk yesterday, Ian sent me a text around 11:00pm that they were watching a movie so I thought maybe he heard me. Then, when I got up around 6:30, he was coming through the front door. He hadn't even bothered to call or text and say he wouldn't be home. I give up! I absolutely give up. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home