an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Saturday, July 15, 2017

But You're Already Gone (7/15/2017)

I want to tell you about my day,
About who I talked to and what I did.
I want to share my thoughts and my plans
My "what ifs" and "what nows."
I want to tell you about my schemes
and get your reactions and concerns.
I find myself starting to seek you out to ask or to tell,
As I have every day for the past 28+ years.
...but you're a;ready gone.

Was I just too stupid to accept this earlier?
As you lost your ability to respond,
I just kept talking. Did you think I was crazy?
You smiled at me! Was it a smile of pity,
Or did you find comfort in all my talk?
We continued to laugh!
Who will I laugh with now?
Will I laugh again? Can I laugh again?
Do I want to laugh again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home