an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Happy July 4th! (7/4/2017)

This is the first holiday since I lost Keri. We had a cookout at Alesa's Sunday night. All the Garner's were there except Lauren and Tammy Higdon came over. I was not emotional but I sure missed her. Ian was still in Alabama. 

Came up to Mom's yesterday since this is where I'm "supposed to be" on the 4th. We always went to the fireworks at Altus until Mom got where she couldn't get around. I brought a stack of Keri's shirts and pants and Mom can wear them. She is wearing a red, white, and blue top with Keri's favorite jeans. Mom asked if it bothered me. It really doesn't. As a matter of fact, it pleases me that at least the cloths can go on. I treasure every thought of Keri and it's bittersweet to see Mom wearing her cloths. Of course Ian is not here and is not due back from Alabama until tonight. I probably need to add here that Ian's phone went in the lake yesterday. The insurance will again cover 2/3 of the cost but since this is the second time in a short while, they have canceled his policy. I'm just happy they paid this one. 

I got Mom's lawn mowed. I've got this horrible crick in my neck. I've had it several days and ANY movement is extremely painful. Mom saw a notice about a fireworks display in Clarksville so we drove down to the high school to watch. We got a bench in front of the school and enjoyed the evening. I'm glad we went. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home