an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Waiting (6/11/2017)

This post is out of order. All of these posts were completed on my iPhone and this one was completed on my iPad. Blogger has not updated their software so that posts can be made on these devices. I can still use my Mac but who knows how long that will be possible. I spent last night and this morning transferring my posts to Blogger using my Mac. Unfortunately i Missed this one and want it to be part of that record.

8:30 AM - What a horrible time it is as you wait for a loved one to die! You know it is inevitable, and you worry about your Love's suffering. You repeatedly tell them that you love them and that they need to let go and rise up into God's hands. That all pain will be over and that all confusion will be gone and they will be able to say whatever they are thinking. What a blessing that will be for Keri after these years of confusion and frustration. It is what I truly want for her and pray for. But when she has a period of apnea, I want to scream at her to BREATHE! I keep thinking that I literally am about to scream out my grief and want to so desperately.  ...but of course I cannot. I just rub her head or arm or hand and tell her that Ian and I will be OK, that she has done a good job and she can now just rest.

On the other hand, how precious is this time? These last earthly moments of our life together. To sit here with Ian, Alesa, Debbie, and others of Keri's friends through the years, is truly a blessing. ...to see what an impact she has had.  ...to see the love she has generated from the staff here at Greystone. ...to see people that have only know her a few weeks go out of there way to offer some kindness and come by when they get off work o say goodbye. This truly has been a blessing, in spite of the horror. I have mentioned our Baci quote several times in my posts, but it also applies here. "We were together, nothing else matters!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home