an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Friday, July 14, 2017

Small Kindnesses (6/8/2017)

I'm obsessed with having Ian or me with Keri as she is in her final stages. I can't stand the thought that she would die by herself. Of course, I doubt she knows we are here, but we are. It's 4:30 AM and I'm thinking about some small kindnesses that have made such a difference. Her nurse tonight pulled out her cell phone to show Keri a photo of a swan because Keri said that so often. This lady had gone to the zoo and taken this photo to share with Keri. Of course Keri couldn't see it, but the nurse showed her just the same and talked all about it. The two housekeeping people that have been so kind to us these last several weeks brought me a coffee and Ian a Dr. Pepper from Sonic. Cliff, Lambert, and the Ryan's have visited in the last several days, and Claire Freer regularly stops by. Jill Valentine contacted me yesterday morning and asked if she could organize the upcoming "Walk to End Alzheimer's" in honor of Keri. Of course I agreed and she posted the notice this afternoon. I'm afraid it will become a walk in memory of Keri.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home