an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Friday, July 14, 2017

Never Think That YOU Are In Control (6-16-2017)

I have been having several days of unsteadiness. I was also drinking tremendous amounts of water, but I had no idea what was happening. Wednesday night I ate supper with Ian and Sarah but my mouth was so dry I couldn't even swallow. We all went back to Greystone but I felt so tired that I could barely move. I took my 20 units of insulin and drank several glasses of water. I took my blood sugar again and it was still HI, which means over 500 on my scale. I took 15 more units 90 minutes later. Still no change. Then I threw up my supper. Ian got the Greystone nurses to come and their tester said HI which meant over 600. Sarah drove me to the emergency room at the Baptist in NLR. They said my blood sugar was 710 and they couldn't believe I could walk in. They admitted me directly into intensive care with tubes hooked into every vein. All day yesterday, they just pumped fluids through me. Alesa, who is sitting with Keri and Ian called at 3:00 this morning and I was able to talk to Keri for a minute. They are working to get me released this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home