an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Remembered (7/9/2017)

Yesterday was a good day. Keri's memorial took place and it was exactly what Keri would have wanted. All her family met at the Swaid Building at 12:00 for a Whistle Stop BBQ lunch. The service in the College Church Auditorium began at 2:00 to a very large crowd (Robin estimated 250-300 people). Mike read the obituary and began with a prayer, Lambert spoke and Cliff led some songs. It was perfect. We then headed into the fellowship hall for "Just Desserts". The Barnabas class and the CSD program faculty had taken the lead and it was set up beautifully. There was a table with photos and flowers and three or four dessert tables with watermelon dessert plates and napkins. I got a photo or two before it started. I then spent the next several hours standing by the door greeting people. There were Keri's friends from childhood, from St. Vincent's, from Scouts, from Harding, and from Searcy in general. She was truly remembered. My only regret is that her watermelon Bible disappeared off the display table. I'm so hoping it was an accident. That someone was looking at it when they got distracted and walked away with it. Hopefully they will discover it and return it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home