an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Friday, September 08, 2017

On My Honor (8/22/2017)

Tonight was my first Troop 96 meeting in about a year. It was a little bittersweet because Keri's death allowed me to return. Nico and Gio are back but the other faces are the same. They are planning camping trips and other activities but still have no adults to accompany them. Nothing has changed, except that there is now a Troop 98. Willie Abrams, Jack Exum, Holly Money, and all the kids and parents from Pack 98 have created a new troop. Now they are asking us to pair with them (so they can use our equipment, I'm sure). I was writing Jay Niederbrach an email when he walked in. I unleashed my frustration but of course it's not his fault. Ian feels especially betrayed by his friends and by the Council. What should have been a positive evening just fed my depression.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home