an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Friday, October 13, 2017

Gus Blass Scout Reservation (10/6/2017)

I’m back at Gus Blass for the first time since I drove away with Keri in March. I’m back for a weekend Cub activity. Our cabin is still there and Keri’s hummingbird feeder is still hanging on the porch. I’m in the room at Reynolds I lived in the first summer Ian and I were on staff. It feels strange to be here without my darling girl.

(10/7/2017)

I didn’t sleep well so I’m sitting at the check-in tent at 6:30, waiting for Cubs. It’s quiet and I find myself dwelling on my Keri. She so loved it here and we were always involved in some adventure or another. I’m understanding the term “bittersweet” more and more. I almost feel she’s with me (and so want her to be), but I’m glad we had our time here and that is calming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home