an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

I Can't Stop Crying!


As I have said before, Keri is having such difficulty getting around that I needed to start looking for a place where she could be safe. Someplace where they would help with her diet, and brush her teeth, and other things that I can no longer do. I started on Sunday, looking at Cabot Health and Rehab ($175 per day). and Oakdale in Judsonia. I visited The Crossing at Riverside ($200 per day) here in Searcy today during lunch. They have a two month to two year waiting list, but we put our name down anyway. Another one in Cabot was also recommended so I called Greystone today. Much to my surprise, they think they have two beds and wanted me to send her medical records immediately. They are also going to come by my office tomorrow afternoon to visit with Keri and we will go from there. I had no idea it would move so fast. I'm just not ready, but I'm afraid to let this opportunity pass. I haven't asked the cost. The very thought makes me start to cry when I look at Keri, when I see photos on our wall, when I do anything as I think that our adventures together are limited. As hard as these last several months have been, we have been together. When we were traveling in Italy years ago our Bacci statement was "We were together, nothing else matters." What will I do without my love, my best friend, my constant companion. Greystone is 30 miles away. How can I spend all my time with her, and how can I spend my time without her?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home