an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Progression!

I certainly wish I could post more, since I'm using this as a diary. I think Blogger and BlogSpot have really let me down. I'm sure there are many newer and better equipped blog sites, but I have used this blog for the past 17 years. There could be a blessing however, since I can't post all the day-to-day frustrations.

We are fast reaching the point that I worry about Keri's safety at home. I now must pull her everywhere. She resists, and I need to pull. There have been several times that she has slipped out of my grip and gone to the floor. She also almost refuses to take her medicine. She has to take it four times a day and she ends up screaming the three times I need to do it. I tasted the meds once and they are so bitter. It makes the pudding I mix it with just as bitter. I guess I really don't blame her, but it still has me in tears by the time it is over. She has also stopped eating here at the house. The people at Care-way say that she is still eating there, so she is at least getting some nourishment.

When I went to Care-way to pick her up, everyone looked at me strangely when I went in. Martha said Keri wasn't feeling well. There were several people gathered around her chair, and it was obvious that she had been crying. Barbara (the nurse) also added that she had been screaming. I really needed to go back to the office, but it was obvious that I needed to take her home. After the bathroom, I put her to bed and she fell right to sleep. We may not get any sleep tonight, but at least she is not screaming now.

I called Steve Hicks this afternoon. He was at Harding with me, although several years younger. He helped with the trust, and he also serves as an "elder care lawyer." Martha said I needed to talk to one. We may be at the point where I can no longer care for her at home. I have been mourning a lot more lately. I can't seem to quit crying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home