an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Life Update

As I have mentioned before, Blogger and its parent company Google have not updated this app for the iPad and the iPhone. Those are the devices I have always depended on to update this blog. Because of that, I have gotten very far behind with all of my updates. I had hoped to use that as my diary and as a way to note the slow progression of Keri's condition. I can use my MAC but the times I have to write are never, I repeat, NEVER during the day when I have my MAC.

A great deal has happened since my last update in January. Of course, I am assuming no one else is reading this so I will summarize events here.

S8-18-17, my Wood Badge course is now over and we all survived. I feel that the Council showed very little support and that we successfully presented the course on our own, more or less. The professional staff advisor forgot to put my dates on the Council calendar when presented to him (March 31, 2016) and we ran the risk of not having access to the Reynolds Center. He didn't attend the Course Directors Conference, which is "required". He was away at National Camping School during our first several days. He failed to keep me posted about registrants and didn't have the t-shirt order form available for the last staff weekend. Overall, he just didn't demonstrate that he was much interested in the course. In addition, one of the DEs "announced" that the course had been cancelled right when we were desperate for numbers. There were other points, but this shows why I felt deserted. Keri also had to go with me and began to "scream" during our first weekend. New medication, two emergency room visits ($700 each for my responsibility), and a volunteer (Tonia Breeding) helped during the second weekend allowed me to do what I needed to do. I think it ended up being a great course. Ian did my staff flag and my gifts which were lazered with the staffs name and job along with the course crest and number. I'll try to post photos later.

Keri has continued to progress. I need to help her with all movement and end up feeding her a great deal of the time. She is also very anxious and now has to be on medication all the time to keep her from "screaming". We have discovered that if we miss a single dose, she begins to scream and it takes several days to get it all back under control. This new drug causes her to be sleepy all the time and nap most of the day. Yesterday morning, she woke up smiling. She was truly happy. It lasted for just a few minutes, but I'll treasure it always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home