an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Monday, April 10, 2017

The Most Beautiful Smile (4-9-2017)

When I woke Keri up this morning, she gave me the most beautiful smile; a smile I will hold in my heart for the rest of my life. You see, it has not been an easy weekend. Yesterday morning (Saturday) when I woke Keri up, she was twitching. I managed to get her to the bathroom and setting on the toilet. Then she had a grand mal seizure. I yelled for Ian to call 911 and the ambulance transported Keri to the ER. She was unresponsive following the seizure with just a blank focus. As the day progressed, she gradually recovered and they let me bring her home. I managed to get her in the house and into bed. Alesa and Dave came up and had a nice visit. Keri's responded gradually returned to normal but she is more unsteady. I gave her the sleep meds last night and she is still asleep at 10:15 am. I woke her up at 10:00 with my usual "Good morning Sunshine", and she responded with the most beautiful smile, and then went back to sleep. Thank you God for this priceless blessing!
Visited several nursing facilities today (Sunday). This will not be easy for any of us. Cabot Health and Rehab. looked like a great place. It has an aviary with finches in the mail room and Keri would love that. It was $175 per day and it appears that this is all private pay. I went to Oakdale Nursing Facility in Judsonia. I have heard good things about the care there but it was so depressing just walking in. There are many more to look at but I just couldn't today. I need to look quickly so I will be prepared if I need to make a sudden decision.

Stopped and picked up a Bulldog strawberry shortcake for us to share when I got home. Keri was delighted and proceeded to share in our usual manner. She assured me that it was great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home