an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

No Visit at Samhain

Yesterday, I was sitting at my desk when I heard Jack Shock come in and ask if Beckie was in. Martha told him no and he asked to leave something. He didn't ask if I was in and made no effort to see me, even though my office door was next to Beckie's and standing open. It made me realize how much water has flowed under that bridge. I would have to say that we considered hime one of our best friends for a good portion of our lives. The illness of his neice and the falsehoods that were presented to him by her and by Beckie effectively put an end to that. Keri and I both hoped he would see that he had not been told the truth but it never happened. I always thought that he would see that the things that he had been told were untrue, and maybe ask me about that time. Unfortunately, I realized yesterday, that there will not be a change and that our friendship had indeed ended.

Last night, I went to the social dance for the ASCDS. At one time, we had a big Samhain weekend with a workshop during the day and a ball that night. Keri and I went all out and decorated with a Scottish Halloween theme. We held it several different places and finally ended up at Park Hill Presbyterian Church, where we danced last night. It was a really big deal with fog machines, our own design, t-shirts. Several people last night said they still had their t-shirts but I can't find ours. It was a good evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home