an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Wednesday, December 06, 2017

25 Years Later!! (11/20/2017)

It was a good weekend. This was the 25th anniversary of the election of Bill Clinton as the 42nd President of the US. Keri and I received our invitations and I started not to even consider it. At the last minute, I called and they welcomed Ian as my guest, so we went. The Arkansas Traveler reunion was Friday evening. Jim Guy Tucker and Jimmy Lou Fisher recognized me and came over to visit. I introduced Ian to them and we remembered good times. I introduced Ian to Mark Prior as well. I could not have gone without Keri if Ian had not gone with me. We went back Saturday for the Kumpirus Lecture featuring Bill and Hilary, moderated by James Carvill. We had a reserved section close to the front. It was a great presentation. I told Ian that it illustrated all the reasons I was a Democrat. There was a “picnic” afterwards at the Clinton Library. Ian said he had a good time and his presence made it possible for me to go. I missed Keri desperately of course, but I was there with our son.

Sunday, I came to Coal Hill and helped mom. This morning we’ll go shopping and I’ll head back to Searcy tonight. It was a good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home