an arch wherethro'

"I am a part of all that I have met; yet all experience is an arch wherethro' gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move."
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Searcy, Arkansas, United States

Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Alzheimer’s Walk for a Cure (11/4/17)

We walked yesterday in memory of Keri and Poppy, and in honor of Tony. It was the AR Walk to Cure Alzheimer’s. Jill Valentine, a friend of Keri’s from college, works at the Searcy Edward Jones office. Edward Jones is the major national sponsor so they asked in June if they could honor Keri. Keri died a week later so it changed to “in memory of”. As of yesterday, we were the top fundraiser in AR. Jill designed the t-shirt and managed all aspects of the “walk.” It was a good, but emotional day.

I drove back to Searcy to participate in the “Jammin for Jesse” event in support of suicide prevention. I took Ian back after supper last night. I think they had a good turnout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home